Accelerating Your Enterprise RPA Projects with Timeline Process Intelligence
Whether your RPA project focuses on automating simple, structured data tasks — or more complex, operations that blend bots with human labor — there is a key ingredient for success: in-depth knowledge of current process execution.
As I hope that you can see from our website (TimelinePI.com) – TimelinePI’s broad mission is to raise an organization’s Process IQ. We have developed a cloud-based Process Intelligence platform that reads process events data captured in existing IT systems and uses it to automatically recreate a “digital process twin” that can be explored, analyzed, monitored, and can trigger alerts in real-time.
This means that it is now possible to visualize and understand how operational processes are really executed end-to-end, in all their variations, across any number of systems with a few clicks of the mouse. Currently, our over 25 sophisticated process intelligence modules make it easy to identify impactful process deviations, reveal high-ROI efficiency improvements, expose compliance risks, and zero in on the root cause that drive specific behaviors. As you might also been seeing is we are now also providing Predictive Classification around Timings, Actions and Outcomes – which will soon be followed up with prescriptive capabilities.
TimelinePI for RPA and Digital Automation
The benefits of TimelinePI as a technology to automation are several:
Firstly, before a user can automate they need to understand how their current process operates and the execution costs so they can strategically automate the most valuable processes first. This information will also serve as a baseline for comparison after the digital worker has been deployed. Successful prioritization is key to provide positive outcomes and expanded deployment.
Secondly, since it is unlikely digital workers will automate the entire process end-to-end once the bot(s) is/are deployed they need to be monitored in the context of the overall process to which they participate. This allows the user to see the impact of the automation of the entire process. Post optimization Monitoring and alerting will be very important!
Thirdly, some automation may only need to be triggered under certain circumstances. Unless there is already a BPM platform in place you will need something like TimelinePI to detect the condition and spawn the Digital Worker.
TimelinePI can help with all 3 of these areas because of its ability to understand, analyse and monitor all process steps regardless of where the steps are performed (before or after automation).
What is Process Intelligence anyway?
Interactive Digital Twin – Create a visual representation of your existing process
- Simple Data Upload – ETL in the cloud
- Interactive process Schema
- Individual process execution
Enhanced Process Understanding – Take control of your process execution
- 25+ types of pre built process analysis modules
- Bottlenecks, Throughput, Missed Steps, Repeated Steps, process variability with all associated costs
Monitoring & Alerting – Never Backslide – Measure Improvement
- How is my process performing
- Process Compliance
- Monitor process standardization
- Alert on process execution –protocols & SLA’s
- Immediately created ROI calculations
- Integrate with existing technologies to kick of remediation
Prediction & Prescription –
- Outcome Classification, Timing, Actions
- Next-Best Action
- Closed Loop Execution
A Faster Way to Scale Your Digital Worker
Target processes with the best return
- Discover opportunities and identify the optimal processes for RPA
- Easily identify the high impact opportunities
- Understand process execution’s cost, time, delays, and all the other intricate details about how your business processes execute as-is
Optimize so that robots can do more
- Detects problems, bottlenecks, and unnecessary steps within the process, to optimize processes before RPA implementation.
- Visualize and understand 100% of process execution so you can take action based on facts, not assumptions
Target High-Value RPA Opportunities
Avoid automation of broken or poorly executed processes
- 100% “as-executed” process visibility allows teams to identify, analyze and correct process execution issues such as bottlenecks, compliance risks, or mis-sequenced execution pre-RPA.
- Avoid or fix broken processes that amplify RPA development costs and extend time to value.
- Identify potential changes in process execution that can expand the scope and value of RPA investments.
Benefits of process mining with RPA include:
- Provide a complete overview of all processes end-to-end
- Identify high ROI processes suitable for RPA implementation
- Determine the best-case process flow/process path
- Spot redundant processes that you may be unaware of.
- Identify robotic processes optimizations that can free up digital worker cycles — making even the most productive digital workforce even more productive.
- Discover inefficient human-digital worker hand-off or vice versa.
- Provide quantifiable data on the financial impact of digital worker by process.
- Compare human vs digital labor in terms of cost, accuracy, efficiency, and duration.
RPA implementation could be hugely beneficial to an organization, but it also carries significant risks. Using advanced process intelligence technology from TimelinePI allows companies to reduce the risks dramatically and ensure the success of their RPA initiatives enterprise wide.