The modernization of government has provided for the visibility across all aspects of service delivery and resource management ensuring better service to citizens.
Citizens expect more while agencies operate with less
National and local governments are improving citizen services by interacting with citizens, industry and commerce, as well as with other agencies through electronic means. Information and communication technologies have great potential to improve government operations. These large IT investments bring hopes of a more efficient government and more accessible information, services, and citizen engagement experiences. They also add risks during the conception, implementation, and operation.
The combination of mobile devices and sophisticated solutions has affected the citizen’s expectations. Citizens increasingly see themselves as the government’s customers and are frustrated by the lack of responsiveness and accessibility they encounter. They want to communicate online via interactive web sites, mobile apps, email and text alerts. Moreover, they expect consistency across all these channels. They want to be able to access their case histories, application statuses, amongst other interactions with their government departments. The constituents expect agencies to track their interactions and act in an efficient manner. The bottom line is that everyone wants faster resolution and completion of their applications, inquiries and complaints.
As agencies begin to further invest in automation, enterprise IT systems, BPM tools, and other modern applications, the importance of understanding process operations and the need for advanced process insights becomes more apparent. What I mean is that the careful and thorough analysis of processes should be defined not only through business process modeling of the ‘should-be’ process, but also add the ability to see the ‘as-is’ process state. Why? Because if we fail to understand how we actually operate, we never truly see where improvements can be made. With TimelinePI’s sophisticated process intelligence platform, process optimization and improvement are only a few clicks of the mouse way.
Improve Services by Aligning People, Processes and Technology
Local government’s primary job is to serve its community. Residents have an expectation that city services and operations will be performed without delay — garbage will be collected on schedule, pot holes will be filled quickly, abandoned automobiles or fallen trees will be removed as soon as possible, applications will be processed efficiently etc. Investments in services, staff and technology plays a key role in providing access to resources but to achieve optimal performance it is critical to more deeply understand how well services are being managed.
Using a new analysis technique called Timeline Analysis, city leaders, program managers, officials, and other government process leaders can gain a deeper understanding of all the activity associated with government processes. Take for example a services requests: TimelinePI can provide the detailed analysis into the lifecycle of a single service ticket to trends across entire groups of service requests. Requests can be subdivided by any available call detail data (e.g. call type, responder department, time taken, outcome, etc.). In this sense TimelinePI provides a single, consolidated view of all related processes and events associated with a the service request from the end-to-end, even when the underlying information is spread across multiple backend systems. The detailed insights enabled by TimelinePI provides complete visibility across all aspects of service delivery and resource management ensuring better service to the community.
A Faster Way to Improve
Targeting processes with the best return
- Discover opportunities and identify the optimal processes for improvement
- Easily identify the high impact opportunities
- Understand process execution’s cost, time, delays, and all the other intricate details about how your business processes execute as-is
Optimizing so that work is performed efficiently
- Detects problems, bottlenecks, and unnecessary steps within the process, to optimize processes
- Visualize and understand 100% of process execution so you can take action based on facts, not assumptions
Uncovering the “Who”, “What”, “When” and “How” of processes.
State and local governments are faced with the continuous challenge of trying to deliver the highest level of citizen services while being forced to operate with lower budgets. Using TimelinePI agencies can quickly discover and understand their current process state, identify opportunities for process improvement and monitor compliance with best practices or compliance rules while ensuring the right steps are being performed.
Process Intelligence in Government
Empowering Business Users with Easy to Understand Insights
It’s no surprise that not every business user is a PhD level computer scientist or LEAN Six Sigma Black belt — and that is okay! Process Intelligence is tailored to meet the needs of the business user without coding. Access to vital operational information isn’t limited to advanced IT users. Process Intelligence empowers everyone to work more effectively and gives insight into making the citizen experience better. With Process Intelligence common business users are easily building in depth queries into how their processes execute and automatically discovering operations within their departments that aren’t well understood. Agency leaders are using Process Intelligence to drill into the granular details of their processes, predicting outcomes early on, and monitoring operations to ensure processes execute according to plan. All of this means faster, more accurate, and better citizen services.
A Process Command and Control Center for Government Processes
Processes typically don’t survive in a silo of one agency or department. By loading data from the various IT systems that are used to record interactions with citizens process leaders can analyze and alert to productivity and other key process elements, identify trends, and ultimately improve processes over time. These advanced analytics provide business users to understand citizen experiences start to finish.
Anticipating and Proactively Taking Action
Identifying issues and potential issues with real-time data monitoring and alerting allows for real-time process improvement. Process leaders are using predictive insights to take action with advanced forecasting capabilities.
By utilizing artificial intelligence to make decisions stops problems in their tracks and ensure that the workforce is performing effectively and ensuring exceptional citizen services.
Ensuring Compliance and Eliminating Risk Across the Enterprise
Government agencies are bringing process analytics everywhere with the only platform that extends to every department, technology, team, and process. Agency leaders are able to reduce risk and compliance headaches with a single Process Intelligence Platform that is providing 100% visibility and understanding of process performance and compliance across diverse systems. No previous system has provided such detailed insight into processes or provided alerts to staff based on predicted process outcomes. Advanced real-time process monitoring capabilities are helping to guarantee a positive citizen service experience.
What can TimelinePI do for you?
Standardize Processes — Eliminate bottlenecks and increase productivity to offer better quality service to constituents.
Gain New Insight from Data — Eliminate waste and repeated tasks. Uncover data insights you can use to add value.
Maximize Talent — Workloads are growing while the talent pool is shrinking. Increase productivity with new technology.
We know because this is what TimelinePI does for others…
Taking the guess work out and depending on real data to inform and create actionable insight to discover how processes truly operate.
Reducing waste by eliminating repeated process steps, reducing process time, and ensuring error-free work with prediction, monitoring and the automatic remediation of problems.
Optimizing processes with automatic process mining (discovery), cost analysis, and other best practice approaches all of which come pre-built with TimelinePI.
Understanding complex processes with no coding or IT experience, and analyze processes across any number of systems.
Who uses process analytics in government?
- Process Improvement Teams (Chief Admin Officer, Chief Operations Officer, Department leaders, etc.)
- Data Science Teams (Open Data, transparency, Govt. Performance and Results Act, Total quality management, etc.)
- Process Managers (quality control, citizen journey mapping, employee journey mapping, procurement & supply chain, etc.)
- Auditors (SOX compliance, regulatory compliance, risk management, etc.)
- IT Departments (Open Data, transparent government, operational excellence, Digital Transformation, etc.)
- Consultants (improvement projects, LEAN initiatives, six sigma teams, performance budgeting, etc.)
Everyone. Everywhere. Every day.
Every day, everybody, everywhere can help to enhance the quality of work, to be more efficient, and create more value. Processes are the fundamental building blocks of all organizations, and both process understanding and process improvement form the lifeblood of total quality organizations.
Process Intelligence offers the following capabilities:
- Automated discovery of process models, exceptions and instances of processes (cases) together with basic frequencies and statistics.
- Automated discovery and analysis of customer interactions, as well as alignment with internal processes.
- Understanding of different perspectives on operations, not just a process perspective.
- Monitoring of key performance indicators using dashboards in real time.
- Compliance verification capabilities and gap analysis
- Predictive analysis, prescriptive analysis, scenario testing and simulation with contextual data.
- Improvement of existing or previous process models using additional data from saved records.
- Data preparation and data cleansing support.
- Combination of different process models that interact with each other in a single process mining panel.
- Support for the visualization of how processes contribute to business value (such as business operating models) — contextualization of processes.
- Effective cooperation between Business and IT.
- Standardization of business processes.
- Improvement of operational excellence by optimizing processes.